Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love canning!!

I have so far made and/or canned...

6 Blackberry Jam made without added pectin
8 Blackberry Jam with powder pectin
6 Mulberry Jam
8 Blueberry Lime Jam
1 Grapefruit Marmalade

The Grapefruit Marmalade tastes AWESOME but I think I boiled it too long and went to the candy stage. It was supposed to make 3 jars but filled only one with some leftover that I dropped onto wax paper to harden. I went ahead and processed the 1 jar and am hoping it isn't hard candy inside! I don't know how I'll get that out. But I think I will DEFINITELY make that again. The Mulberry Jam didn't seem to set right away so hoping it will soon. I want to start thinking of some canning gifts for Christmas time.

I would like to give some Mulberry Jam from OUR OWN TREES.
Perhaps some Apple Butter from our own trees, too
And Peach Jam?? If we get any good ones.

Blackberry Jam
Grapefruit Marmalade
Some pickles?
Hmm...will have to look over the canning book and get some more ideas. I'll need to buy more jars and lids/rings before then are gone...but I think they might be at Kroger all the time, not sure.